The sponsorship volunteer assists the VP of Sponsorship in identifying Chapter needs that may be supported by corporate sponsorship and coordinates programs to involve the business community in Chapter affairs.
- Help the VP-Sponsorship obtain a ‘hospitality sponsor’ for each event. This sponsorship usually is around $200, and covers our AV and bar setup fees.
- Check with Borders, Starbucks, Barnes and Noble, etc. about getting 10- $30 gift cards donated for speaker gifts.
- Obtain in-kind sponsors for services such as printing, graphic design and other promotions.
- Work with other board members to develop sponsorship plans for specific events or activities.
- Develop a corporate sponsorship list, update it often and contact businesses for support.
- Keep accurate records of all donations and in-kind support and report activity monthly to the Treasurer.
- Develop a plan to acknowledge sponsors and send regular “Thank-You’s” to support-ing organizations.
- Monitor sponsor support to avoid conflicts of interest, and review Chapter operating policies to make sure all Chapter obligations to sponsors are met.
Are you interested in this volunteer opportunity? Fill out our online form on the Contact Us page for more information.